By now you would have heard about the Heartbleed software bug that has affected approximately two thirds of internet based services.
Many service providers (banks, shopping, social networks, etc.) have issued statements recommending that you change your password because they cannot guarantee it is still secure. If you use the same password to connect to these services, you should consider changing it as a precaution and to be on the safe side.
You should also check with those providers that they have taken precautions and fixed the problem to their websites.
For more information please follow the link below.
Source: Panda Security
IT Engineer required to provide on-site installation work throughout the South East area. The work can vary and would involve working at the client’s site in a variety of jobs from installing software to the installation and configuration of new hardware items. Previous IT experience is essential and must be educated to an appropriate standard (MSCE, CompTIA, City & Guilds, Network+ or HND/HNC as appropriate). Duties will include the ability to diagnose and solve simple problems with hardware and software issues, collection and drop off of new equipment from a central site, providing a clean installation and testing the installation on completion, reporting back to central depot. Must be able to work on own initiative and provide professional standards (preferably MBCS standards) appropriately both on a management as well on a client level.
Job Title: IT Engineer (Contractor)
Location: King’s Lynn, Norfolk, South East Area
Hours: Varied / Flexible
Salary: Fixed on a daily basis
Work Pattern: Days, Evenings, and Weekends (as required)
Employer: RLS Computer Services Ltd.
Closing Date: 30th April 2014
Duration Short Term Contract
- Visit business client to implement installations
- Some collection of stock from our secure central depot
- Effect a clean installation with testing
- Report job completion back to central management team
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- DBS Cleared
- Two Forms of ID (Passport & Driving Licence)
- Passport size Head/Shoulder Photo
- Multiple site based throughout the South East of England
- Training will be provided as well as vehicle and tools.
- Overnight stay maybe required on some sites
- A good team player able to work on own initiative
- A good communicator, confident and well-presented individual
- Good listening skills and the ability to work with sensitive matters
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Excellent English in both written and orally
- Excellent presentation skills
Through appropriate recruitment agency, responses to Rob Lucas with CV in the first instance firstname.lastname@example.org