We at RLS Computer Services take cyber-security very seriously and don’t wish our customers to be a victim of fraud.
To help keep yourself safe from fraudsters by reducing their chances of getting hold of your information, we have put together some top tips for you.
- When using Internet banking or any online service, never share One Time Passcode (OTP), passwords, security codes or any other form of security information with another person. Not even an employee of that company.
- Never download software or let anyone log on to your computer or other devices remotely following or during a cold call.
- Never enter your Internet banking details after clicking on a link in an email or text message.
- Never follow a telephone instruction asking you to press keys on your keyboard, or run any programmes from a cold caller.
- Never visit a website given to you by a cold caller, it might contain malware.
- If you are ever unsure, we urge you to take your time, don’t be rushed. A genuine organisation will never rush you to take action on your account.
To illustrate the point of security and fraud please take the time to watch this witty but to the point video.