What You Need to Know – Windows 11
Microsoft have a announced that Windows 11 Release Date is – October 5th 2021 to those who’s PC is compatible. The new Windows OS has a fantastic new look and feel to it with some obvious changes to the desktop, taskbar, start button and the Microsoft Store.
But what will happen from this date?
- Upgrading to Windows 11 will be FREE for eligible Windows 10 PCs
- Windows 11 branded PCs and pre-built PCs, laptops and tablets will start to become available soon after.
- You will be able to purchase Windows 11
Can I upgrade my current PC?
Most Windows PCs produced in the last 3 years should support Windows 11. However, there are a few technical requirements that are needed before you can upgrade.
- Processor must be 1Ghz or higher with 2 or more cores.
- RAM must be at least 4GB (8GB is recommended for a smoother experience)
- Hard Drive must be a minimum of 64GB available for the installation
- Graphics must be compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM2.0 drivers installed.
- Motherboard must support UEFI firmware and Secure Boot.
- Motherboard must also have a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 installed or support an TPM 2.0 upgrade
- CPU must be compatible with Windows 11
How can we Help?
We can help you to get on to Windows 11. Be that checking you are compatible, applying upgrades or supplying new kit. To learn more or arrange a FREE check when you upgrade your PC with us (usual charge £25 + VAT, upgrade charged separately), please contact us on 01553 776937 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.